Sunday, June 28, 2009

the amazing husband

Me: How do I get a hotdog with all the fixings?

Him: You ask me really nicely to go to the store.

Me: Darling, I would really appreciate it if you went to the store and got me a beefy hotdog with all the fixings. will you please go to the store and get me a beefy hotdog with all the fixings?

Him: Oh?

Me: Yes, please, would you go to the store and get me a beefy hotdog?

Him: [pretending not to smile] Uh-huh.

Me: Yes I would really, really appreciate it if after you've sufficiently vanquished the foe your fighting you went to the store and got me a beefy hotdog with all the fixings.

Him: You're adorable.

Me: You're wonderful. I love you so much.

and then . . . he went to the store, purchased all the hotdog fixings, came home and made me yummy-in-my-tummy hotdog with all the fixings . . . and I'm not even pregnant.

"He's the most wonderful man in the world"

No comments: