Thursday, December 11, 2008

walked a 1000 miles to fall down at my door

Back in my spring fluff days ('cause I suppose I'm still in my "spring chicken" days) I would hear "500 Miles" by the Proclaimers on the soft rock radio station. (Ah yes, I've come so far . . .) Anyway, I just love the chorus: 
But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks 1,000 miles
To fall down at your door

na na na, na na na
na na na, na na na
lika lika lika lika lika la, la, la . . .
Aside from my love of singing nonsense words I loved the romance of the song, all about a man who would walk 1000 miles just to fall down at my door.  Then all at once the other day I realized I have such a man. Because he'll go to the store, or down the hall, or up the stairs, or into Tigard, or over to Utah to please me, care for me, help me out.

It's so nice when our "dreams come true" . . . then add Johnny Depp added to the mix, couldn't be better . . . push play to see what I mean.

No comments: