Monday, December 08, 2008

song week

I thought it was about time for a theme week. I haven't done one before . . . anyway, welcome to "Song Week" I thought I'd kick things off with "our songs"

First we have "Love Me" by Colin Ray.



I know the video is a bit cheesy but it's the best there was (truly). This song is proof that the songs choose you, you don't choose the songs. Because had I chosen a song this wouldn't have been it . . . but I feel emotional all the same.

Instead I would've chosen "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant - which I tried to sing at our reception but forgot . . .



Or perhaps, for "our" song I'd have chosen "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles. Which we danced our first "dance" too.



Great as those songs are though if we really do have another "our" song it comes from the amazing songwriter Jason Robert Brown, "I'd Give It All For You." And believe or not this is the best that You Tube has to offer, it's either bad sound with JRB or a ton of amateurs - primarily high schoolers - and "our song" deserves better than that. So here's a fan take:



Oh! Wait!! I thought of one more . . . I know, I know, I'll keep the other posts to only one song okay? Anyway it's the first song we ever slow-danced to: "I'll Be" by the Goo Goo Dolls. Now that's a proper song to have as "our song" don't you think?

No comments: